While you study with us at Oxford Summer Institute, we also want to ensure you have a good time! The experience isn’t all about classroom learning, and so, we arrange plenty of other activities for you to get involved with. Here’s what we’ve been up to in the past:
- Punting: Take on a traditional activity along the River Isis – it’s harder than it looks!
- Film Nights: Sit back and relax with a good film and some popcorn – it’s on us!
- Debating Nights: Go head to head with fellow students in the name of education – and good fun!
- Museum Tours: See some of Oxford’s best museums, with exhibitions on Scientific history, Dinosaurs, Medieval weaponry, and much more!
- Pub Crawl: A visit to Oxford would not be complete without visiting some of the oldest and most traditional pubs in the area. JRR Tolkien and CS Lewis used to drink here, too – perhaps you’ll find some inspiration!
- Evening Talks: Our evening talks cover a range of contemporary topics. In 2016 we discussed Shakespeare, the Magna Carta, and the ‘Brexit’ referendum.
While we try every possible way to stick to our initial activities schedule, there maybe various weather conditions or other unforeseen circumstances where activities maybe canceled or exchanged. A finalised activities schedule will be handed to you closer to the programme’s start date, in your welcome package.